Ok so the first few games have not gone well in the way of prizes for our readers only 1 for 3, if the Celtics were 1 for 3 we would call that a bad start, we are going to go on a winning streak and someone will win our next contest guaranteed!
Game 1 was close with LeBron scoring 31, just one point away from a win. Sorry Hassan.
Game 2 the Green failed to pull off a win, even if they had no one was close.
Game 3 we finally had our first winner of the season when The Auerbach grabbed a prize with the correct guess of the game high 3 pointers the Game from Paul Pierce.
Game 4, 5, & 6 all fall into a combined challenge to see who can accumulate the most points for a combined win.
Everything changes over the next three games, someone will win because you are not playing against the box score, you are pitted against one another.
This week will be simple, the Celtics have 3 games:
Here is how the game will be played:
1. Pick 3 players, at least one must be from a visiting team, I don’t care which, you must have a different player each game.
2. One player must be assigned to each game and set up in this format, and only this format:
4. Each corresponding pick will represent the score they amass for that assigned game.
5. After the end of all three games the point totals will be accumulated and the reader with the combined high score wins. Tiebreaker will be the highest individual score, so a pick will look like this:
20+14+11=45(20) Pierce scores 20, Jennings scores 14, and Shaq scores 11 for a total of 45 with a Paul Pierce Tiebreaker of 20.
6. Only picks made prior to the start of Game 1 will be accepted.
7. PICKS MUST BESUBMITTED INTO THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THE CELTICS 24/7 BLOG, some people are posting their picks on the forum and on blogs that are reposting our entries. Only people who submit at C24/7 are eligible to win.
A few notes:
If two readers chose the exact same list only the first poster will count.
If you use an O’Neal you must name them by first name or both, if you don’t I can not play the guessing game it will not be fair to others. I will use the lower point total if you do not specify whom.
If a player becomes injured prior to a game you can not substitute, that is part of the challenge.
Any questions? Same prize pool. (Minus the prize The Auerbach choosesfor his win last night, I wanted to get this up ASAP)
Signed Floorboard of a Former Celtic Power Forward (starter) from the 2000′s Ricky Davis, Won By Auerbach 10-29-10
Signed 8×10 of a Former Celtic Center (Starter) from the 2000′s
Signed card of a Former Career Celtic (reserve) from the 1990′s
Signed card of a Local College Player and 2-Time NBA Champion as a reserve.
Kendrick Perkins Topps Draft Pick
A Boston Sports Card Popuri of all four teams. No idea what I will compile, depends what box I grad first. Might be rookies, might be inserts, might be jersey cards, but they will be good players.
Tell me what teams (All 4 Sports) you like and I will try to find something from my vast collection, no promise I can always accommodate but I will find you something. But it is take it or leave it what I can find if you like odd teams ie Timberwolves, Brewers, Bills, Canucks. Sorry, some stuff I just don’t have.
Follow me on Twitter @ObiWanCanubi