Delonte!

News — By on September 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

The Prodigal son returns

According to Steve Bulpett, our old friend Delonte West will re-sign with the Celtics, under a non-guaranteed contract.

We all kinda liked Delonte when he was originally a Celtic. He has since shown some serious mental instability, but after signing him and Shaq, this team looks primed to at least be entertaining! Oh and of course, we have to mention the Elephant in the room, which will ensure an even better rivalry between the Celtics and the Heat next year.

1. I love it. I’m a big fan of Delonte; heck, I even bought his jersey in his rookie year. But he’s a great fit with our current mix, as well. He can play 1 or 2, can shoot the ball, makes plays defensively, plays hard and Doc can use him in a number of lineups.
    To top it all off, the contract is no-risk. Great pickup, Danny. What started off as an offseason of unanswered questions has been capped off beautifully.

2. Celts 18X says:

Yeah it is a no-risk contract. When his head is on straight, he is definitely an “in-the-rotation” player. That said, I question whether or not he can stay focused for an entire season.

3. David Acosta says:

Round of applause for Danny Ainge! Once again, he delivers at the 11th hour. Wonder what he’s got up his sleeve for Feb.

4. Tyler says:

At this point in the offseason I love the move. I am excited to see how this plays out and I agree it adds a lot to the Lebron and Miami rivalry lol

5. VT Voice of Reason says:

I guess this seals the deal completely for the Marquis Daniels era.

6. Celts 18X says:

VT – They could still use Marquis to spell Paul. Not saying he’ll do it effectively. I just think they need a back-up small forward. I think Wafer, Delonte, and Nate are all guards (though not totally sure on Wafer). I also think it is far from certain Delonte even makes the team. Looks like Marquis will have to be that back-up 3, though last year he looked more like he was spending too much time w/ your crew up in Burlington, VT gettin right.

7. Doctor Dre says:

Is that herpes on his lip?

8. Andrew says:

A kiss stimulates 29 muscles and chemicals
    causing relaxation. Women seem to like it light and frequent, men like it
    more strenuous.